During your rental

Where can I park my car during the rental period?

Most of our departure agencies have a car park where you can park your car free of charge for the duration of your rental.

During your rental Back to Top

Do you need technical assistance?

If you have any questions about the operation of your vehicle, you can contact Trois Soleils Assistance at +33 475 820 202 Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. . Outside opening hours, you can consult our blog, in particular our quick breakdown guide.

In the event of an accident or engine breakdown, you can call the 24/7 assistance number on your rental contract.

During your rental Back to Top

What to do in the event of a breakdown or accident?

In the event of an accident or engine breakdown, you are invited to call the 24/7 assistance number on your rental contract.

During your rental Back to Top

What should I do in the event of damage caused by third parties?

If you are involved in a fender-bender or an accident, you must complete an accident report with the other driver. You will need to send us this report, along with photos of the damage caused to the vehicle.

We will notify your departure agency, and on your return your deposit will be retained, after which an estimate for repairing the vehicle will be sent to you. Your deposit will be released on receipt of your payment.

NB: without an identified third party, you are considered responsible for the damage.

During your rental Back to Top

Can I change the duration of my contract during the rental period?

If you wish to extend your rental period, please contact us by telephone on +33 475 820 202. Subject to vehicle availability, we will send you an amendment to extend your contract.

During your rental Back to Top

Where can I stop with my motorhome?

When you book with Hertz Trois Soleils, you get premium access to the Caramaps application. This application lists all the places where you can spend the night in your motorhome: parking areas, service areas, campsites, homestays, etc.

Make sure you park in authorised areas.

During your rental Back to Top

How does the electricity work on board the motorhome?

In a van, camper van or motorhome, you'll have electricity in the cell at all times, both when driving and when stationary. The auxiliary battery will power the lights and USB sockets via a 12-volt electrical circuit. The auxiliary battery can be recharged in several ways: while driving (600 km for a full charge), using solar panels or by connecting the motorhome to the electricity grid.
The auxiliary battery is fragile. It is known as a "slow-discharge battery". You must be careful never to discharge it completely, otherwise it will no longer recharge, or recharge poorly. What's more, if you accidentally discharge the cell battery completely, nothing will work in the living area of the motorhome. So goodbye: lighting, telephone recharging, hot water, fridge (even if it runs on gas, the piezo is electric)... Take care.

You'll find 220-volt sockets in the motorhome, but these will only work if the vehicle is connected to the power supply (socket or electrical terminal).

During your rental Back to Top

How and where to drain the waste waters?

Motorhomes can be emptied at motorhome service areas, which can be found at campsites and supermarket service stations. Many communes now offer a service area for motor caravans. Grey and black water must be emptied into the appropriate systems.

When you leave, we'll explain how the system works.

During your rental Back to Top

How are vehicles classified at French motorway toll booths?

Vans, campervans, low profiles and A-Class vehicles (between 2 and 3 m high) are class 2 vehicles.

Family overcab with a height of over 3 m are class 3 vehicles.

During your rental Back to Top

How does the handbrake work on a Ford Transit?

In this video we explain how the handbrake works for motorhomes with a Ford Transit.

We show you how to apply and release the handbrake.


During your rental Back to Top
Can't find answers to your questions?
Clé véhicule neuf
New and under-warranty vehicles

Travel in a motorhome, RV or campervan less than a year old, under manufacturer's warranty.

International Assistance & Insurance

Leave with complete peace of mind with Hertz Trois Soleils assistance and vehicle insurance.

agences location
30 agencies in France

Take advantage of the proximity of our 30 agencies throughout France to pick up your motorhome.